Meet Gunther Oakey!
1. What’s your day job and how do you think your professional experience fits in with the mission of America Walks?
I’m the attorney for my family’s business, NovaTech, and have worked in politics. I use my twenty years of business experience and legal expertise to help AW develop legal strategies and solutions.
2. In a sentence or less, describe why walking matters to you.
Walking addresses so many issues at once. It creates community and social connection, aids in mental and physical health, and decreases demand for fossil fuels.
3. Name one thing anyone can do to make their community more walkable.
Invite a friend or colleague to go for a walk.
4. What’s your favorite place to walk?
In my neighborhood in Portland Oregon, and in the Columbia Gorge.
5. If you could go for a walk with any living person, who would it be?
Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly and the Avengers movies.