New Webinar: Celebrating 20 Years of Making America A Great Place to Walk
Webinar Title: Celebrating 20 Years of Making America a Great Place to Walk
Webinar Date/Time: July 26, 2017 at 2pm Eastern, 11am Pacific
About the Webinar
It’s the 20th anniversary of America Walks and we’re celebrating our birthday by looking back at the growth of the organization and the walking movement. Join us as we hear from some of the founders of the organization, experts in the walking movement, and our staff for an inside look at how we are making America a great place to walk.
The webinar will hear from four panels, moderated and hosted by Executive Director, Kate Kraft.
About the Presenters
At the Beginning: A Look Back at the Founding of America Walks
- Sally Flocks, Founding President and CEO of PEDS
- Ann Hershfang, Board Member, WalkBoston
- Ellen Vanderslice
America Walks: 20 Years Strong
- Andy Hamilton, Supervising Air Resources Specialist, Planning and Mobile Source Incentives, County of San Diego Air Pollution Control District
- Toks Omishakin, Deputy Commissioner/Chief for Environment and Planning, Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Molly O’Reilly, Board Member, America Walks and Board Member, Idaho Walk-Bike Alliance
- Ian Thomas, State and Local Program Director, America Walks
America Walks and the Walking Movement
- Bronwen Thornton, Development Director, Walk21
- Jim Walker, Strategic Director, Walk21
Where Do We Go From Here?
- Mukul Malhotra, Principal and Director of Urban Design at MIG Inc.
- Kathy Smith, Program Officer at Partners for Health Foundation