Join America Walks as a Program Coordinator
America Walks is seeking a dynamic professional to serve as a Program Coordinator for America Walks. The position will work with senior staff to coordinate programs, develop and implement technical assistance efforts, and conduct evaluation and quality assurance strategies for all of America Walks education and training programming.
Primarily, this position will work on the implementation of a newly developed technical assistance program aimed to increase the use of safe systems approaches for pedestrians in mid-sized cities. The Program Coordinator will provide project management, serve as liaison for the pilot communities, and assist in organizing online training.
This person will work remotely from their self-provided office. They will collaborate and communicate with staff and organizational partners to grow the national walking movement and build awareness about the importance of walking and walkability among individuals and organizations.
- Manage and assist in organizing interactive and dynamic training and development opportunities
- Coordinate and liaison with partners and local community coalitions, and help advance America Walks and the walking movement by networking and promoting program activities with other organizations and stakeholders
- Provide project management support to multiple initiatives or programs; work with partners and colleagues to ensure effective implementation and fulfillment of project goals, particularly the Road to Zero training series and the 2019 National Walking Summit
- Assist in the behind-the-scenes technology management and meeting support for social meetings and events including monthly webinars, as assigned
Contribute to the development of key tools and resources (e.g., reports, case studies, curricula, webinars, training programs, newsletters) supporting America Walks projects and initiatives
Program Evaluation and Database Management
- Work with staff to coordinate, design and run the evaluation of key America Walks programs
- Monitor and manage evaluations and assist in improving database systems and content
- Collaborate with senior staff and partners to collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data and to develop project evaluations and reports
- Identify areas of improved assessment and evaluation for the organization and its metrics
- Contribute to capacity building by sharing relevant and innovative tools and resources with America Walks staff and partner network
- Research and develop trend analysis reporting on issues related to walking, walkability and building an equitable walking movement
- Analyze the impact of all America Walks and Every Body Walk! Collaborative communications efforts by using Google Analytics, Constant Contact, social media metrics, and other data sources
A person meeting these qualifications will have:
- An undergraduate degree
- At least 3-5 years of relevant education and/or professional experience, including demonstrated successful project coordination experience
- Familiarity with on-line technology, and ability to quickly learn software and databases
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Ability to work with multiple staff and partners to support teams and conduct administrative work
- Ability to work independently, met deadlines, and coordinate with other staff to receive the information and assistance needed to do their work
Preferred candidate experience includes:
- Experience working with public agencies & community advocacy groups
- Experience working with marginalized communities or communities of color.
- Experience in designing and implementing evaluation tools
- Experience with translating evaluation results into strategy
- Understanding of customer relationship management systems and databases, and how they interface with email clients and other technology
- Higher education and/or advanced training in related field
- Grant research and writing skills
- Familiarity with issues related to walking and walkable communities, including those related to transportation planning
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, able to work well as part of coalition, and able to work from a self-provided remote office without daily supervision. Periodic travel as well as some weekend and evening work may be required.
The position offers a starting salary in the range of $40,000 – $48,000/year depending on experience. Employee benefits include an office stipend for personal use of computer, internet and telephone and an additional stipend in lieu of medical insurance. Full-time staff members accrue three weeks of paid time off per year plus eight holidays.
As soon as possible
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter addressed to Kate Kraft, resume and names and contact information of three references in one PDF file. The PDF file should be named as follows: [LastName_FirstName]_ProgramCoordinator.pdf Ensure that the subject line of your email includes the text “Program Coordinator Applicant”.
Your cover letter should not be in the email as only the PDF file will be sent to reviewers.
Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions can be directed to Susan Feldman, email@example.com
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the position will be open until filled. We strongly encourage applicants to submit their application by April 30, 2018. Receipt of applications will be acknowledged with an email reply.
Organization Mission Statement
America Walks, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit national organization is leading the way in empowering communities to create safe, accessible, and enjoyable walking conditions for all. We provide a voice for walking and walkable communities with federal agencies, provide strategy support, training and technical assistance to statewide, regional, and local organizations, and serve as the convener of the national Every Body Walk! Collaborative. Together, America Walks and the Every Body Walk! Collaborative boast 700 allied organizations who across the nation are working to increase walking and make America a better place to walk.
America Walks is an equal opportunity organization with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional organization information can be found at www.americawalks.org.