WelcomeAmerica Walks is a national resource which fosters walkable communities by engaging, educating, and connecting walking advocates. Support America Walks | Learn more >
Loading image rotator (requires Flash)
- Please take this survey. You can help us understand, and document, the national network of community walking advocates and enthusiasts working to make America a great place to walk.
- See the just-released paper, The Impact of Neighborhood Walkability on Walking Behavior, by our partners at Hunter College.
- Register for our Free Webinars: March 20th - Keeping Pedestrians Safe in Urban and Suburban Settings and April 17th - Strategies to Transform the Built Environment 'Lighter Quicker Cheaper'
- America Walks Webinar and Discussion Forum Archives
- Our new case study: Successful Legal Reforms to Make Cars Stop for Pedestrians - Oregon Strengthens Crossing Ordinance
- February 26, 2014Obama Lays Out Vision for 21st Century Transportation InfrastructureOn February 26th, the President will speak at the historic Union Depot train station in Saint Paul, Minnesota, where he will launch a competition for $600 million in competitive transportation funding and outline his vision for investing in America’s infrastructure with a $302 billion, four year surface transportation reauthorization proposal. Read more.
- February 15, 2014New Speed Reduction Resources for Your CommunityHealth Resources in Action recently created a new webpage of community Speed Reduction resources with plenty of ideas for neighborhoods hoping to slow down traffic on their street.
- February 11, 2014Help Us Identify Walking Efforts in the USYou can help us understand, and document, the national network of community walking advocates and enthusiasts working to make America a great place to walk. Please take this survey. Don't worry about others from your organization who may also take the survey, we'll combine responses. The more responses we receive, the better.
- January 28, 2014Must-see: Video Highlights from the 2013 Walking SummitThe 2013 Walking Summit was a groundbreaking event in the effort to start a national walking movement. Highlights from the conference can be seen in the public television series City Walk, which features content from presenters and from attendees of the 2013 Walking Summit. Read more >
- January 26, 2014Call for Promoting Physical Activity to Be Included in State of Union AddressWalking, biking, health and exercise organizations collaborating on a letter sent to President Obama last week to ask that he speak to the benefits and power of physical activity in his upcoming State of the Union Address. You can also contact him to do the same. See our letter.