WelcomeAmerica Walks is a national resource which fosters walkable communities by engaging, educating, and connecting walking advocates. Support America Walks | Learn more >
Loading image rotator (requires Flash)
- America Walks is hiring a Communications/Public Affairs Manager
- Walk With Us - 2013 America Walks Annual Report
- Uncontrolled Crossings National Task Force: Current Practices Survey, 2014 DOWNLOAD
Upcoming Discussion Forums and Webinars
- September 24 — re:Streets - re:Imagining re:Purposing and re:Constructing Our Most Valuable Public Spaces
- October 9 — The State of Advocacy Organizations in the US: The Scale and Scope of the Walking Movement
- Sign up on our mailing list to be notified of our FREE webinars and discussion forums!
- See our list of topic of previous webinars and forums.
- Find recordings of all of America Walks Webinar and Discussion Forums in our Archives
- September 30, 2014Sec. Foxx Announces Initiative to Build Safer Streets for PedestriansU.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx announces a new initiative to reduce the growing number of pedestrian and bicyclist injuries and fatalities through a comprehensive approach that addresses infrastructure safety, education, vehicle safety and data collection.
- September 29, 2014America Walks Hosts Montana WorkshopTemporary way-finding signs and a parklet were installed as part of this week's America Walks hosted workshop in Anaconda, MT, where elected officials, planners, first responders, many businesses, youth, hospital and healthcare professionals, and concerned citizens spent two days getting their feet on the ground and wrapping their brains around the principals of walkable main streets and walkable communities.
- September 19, 2014DC Fitbit-wearing Power WalkersWalking, an issue all political parties can support. See more about the new DC rat race.
- September 17, 2014Watch the re:Streets WebinarIf you missed our re:Streets webinar, it is available here.
- September 8, 2014America Walks Fall NewsletterSee our Fall Newsletter and what we and others in the walking advocacy world have been up to. Check it out here!