WelcomeAmerica Walks is a national resource which fosters walkable communities by engaging, educating, and connecting walking advocates. Support America Walks | Learn more >
Loading image rotator (requires Flash)
- We are excited to be a co-host of the 2013 Walking Summit in Washington DC, Oct. 1–3. Registration opens soon and you can now apply for a scholarship to attend the summit.
- America Walks Webinar and Discussion Forum Archives
- Launched: Walksteps.org, an online interactive resource for citizens, planners, and engineers. It's the new online home for Steps to a Walkable Community: A Guide for Citizens, Planners, and Engineers.
- June 17, 2013Complete Streets Symposium in Chicago, July 25-26Attend this symposium and find out more about complete streets technology and public space applications.
- May 24, 20132013 National Walking Summit: Save the DateIf you think:1) Walking can save the world (or at least make us healthier and our communities more convivial), 2) Safe, accessible walking environments are good for people and place, 3) You want to be part of the 1st America Walks "Hill Day," or 3) You just want to connect & learn with the foremost leaders in the walking movement...then attend the 2013 National Walking Summit, Oct. 1-3 in Washington, DC. Registration opens in a few weeks. Find out more!
- May 18, 2013Call for Proposals: 2013 National Walking SummitWe are excited to be a co-host of the 2013 National Walking Summit in Washington DC, Oct. 1-3. The Summit Program Committee is seeking to highlight innovative examples, point people towards real resources, and create engaging dialogues so that participants from a wide variety of disciplines will be empowered to improve the walkability of and increase walking in communities. Find out more here and submit a proposal.
- May 7, 2013Walk and Roll with the Surgeon General on May 15Join Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, and Kathy Greenlee, Administrator of the Administration for Community Living and Assistant Secretary for Aging, for a one mile Walk and Roll around Capitol Hill as part of the Surgeon General’s Every Body Walk! Initiative. Read more >
- April 29, 2013Our Recent Comments to the US DOT See America Walks Comments to FHWA 4.29.13 on the joint Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) on Environmental Impact and Related Procedures published February 28, 2013.