Meet David Sabgir!
We’re thrilled by the depth and breadth of experience that makes up our board of directors and hope you’ll enjoy learning a bit more about these thoughtful, insightful walking advocates.
1. What’s your day job and how do you think your professional experience fits in with the mission of America Walks?
I practice cardiology full time and act as CEO of Walk with a Doc. I’ve spent the last 15 years working with my teammates to encourage/facilitate our great medical professionals start Walk with a Doc in their communities.
2. In a sentence or less, describe why walking matters to you.
I’m convinced it is the best thing we can do for health and well-being, by far.
3. Name one thing anyone can do to make their community more walkable.
Start a walking group.
4. What’s your favorite place to walk?
Around my neighborhood (with my wife and pups).
5. If you could go for a walk with any living person, who would it be?