WelcomeAmerica Walks is a national resource which fosters walkable communities by engaging, educating, and connecting walking advocates. Support America Walks | Learn more >
Loading image rotator (requires Flash)
- Register for this FREE webinar on December 9th, Illuminating the Path: The Critical Role Federal Agencies Play in Creating Safe, Walkable Communities
- 2013 Walking Summit in Washington DC, Oct. 1–3, SUMMIT PRESENTATIONS TO HELP YOU TAKE ACTION
- Keynote and Capacity Building presentations and notes — for your review and sharing
- Walking Survey findings — to show to your organization and spread to networks
- Summit participant information — to aid in contacting others
- America Walks Webinar and Discussion Forum Archives
- See what we accomplished in 2012: GIANT STEPS America Walks Annual Report 2012
- Our new case study: Successful Legal Reforms to Make Cars Stop for Pedestrians - Oregon Strengthens Crossing Ordinance
- November 15, 2013Mark Fenton's Challenge to Our CountryWe're winning the battle but losing the war! Take the plunge with walking advocate Mark Fenton as he talks about solutions in his address to the Walking Summit. Show this video at your next public meeting and get some conversation going!
- November 5, 2013Participation Tools for Better Community PlanningThe civic infrastructure of our society is equally as important as the physical infrastructure. This tool is a great resource showing how community involvement and collaboration play a crucial role in how we build and develop our communities.
- October 17, 2013Take 30 min. to watch this film; then take a walk!The Walking Revolution, a documentary film released today by Every Body Walk!, explores how the simple act of putting one foot in front of the other has significant health and environmental benefits.
- October 13, 2013Contact Your Members of Congress Today With This MessagePlease follow-up with this message to your Members of Congress. At the America Walks: Walk the Hill Day, 80 participants met with just as many members of Congress and left this message asking them to: 1) Co-sponsor the Safe Streets Act of 2013 (HR 2468) in the House, a bi-partisan bill introduced by Rep. Matsui and Rep. Joyce, or join with Senator Begich (D-AK) to co-sponsor similar legislation in the Senate; and Read more >
- September 1, 2013Hemingway, Thoreau, Jefferson and the Virtues of a Good Long WalkHere are some thoughts on the virtues, and more, of walking. Read the article.