WelcomeAmerica Walks is a national resource which fosters walkable communities by engaging, educating, and connecting walking advocates. Support America Walks | Learn more >
Loading image rotator (requires Flash)
- America Walks is hiring a Communications/Public Affairs Manager
- Walk With Us - 2013 America Walks Annual Report
- 2014 Survey Report - Local Walking Advocacy Organizations in the US
Upcoming Discussion Forums and Webinars
- Watch the recording of our most-recent webinar: The State of Advocacy Organizations in the US: The Scale and Scope of the Walking Movement
- Sign up on our mailing list to be notified of our FREE webinars and discussion forums!
- See our list of topics of previous webinars and forums.
- Find recordings of all of America Walks Webinar and Discussion Forums in our Archives
- October 20, 2014Strong Citizen Challenge: Walk to the Grocery StoreHow do you get to the grocery store? You can share your story at Strong Towns.
- October 13, 2014Register for CalWalks Best Foot Forward ConferenceAmerica Walks is proud to be a sponsor of The Best Foot Forward Summit scheduled for November 8-9, 2014, in Oakland. Check out the agenda and get registered.
- September 30, 2014Sec. Foxx Announces Initiative to Build Safer Streets for PedestriansU.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx announces a new initiative to reduce the growing number of pedestrian and bicyclist injuries and fatalities through a comprehensive approach that addresses infrastructure safety, education, vehicle safety and data collection.
- September 29, 2014America Walks Hosts Montana WorkshopTemporary way-finding signs and a parklet were installed as part of this week's America Walks hosted workshop in Anaconda, MT, where elected officials, planners, first responders, many businesses, youth, hospital and healthcare professionals, and concerned citizens spent two days getting their feet on the ground and wrapping their brains around the principals of walkable main streets and walkable communities.
- September 19, 2014DC Fitbit-wearing Power WalkersWalking, an issue all political parties can support. See more about the new DC rat race.