WelcomeAmerica Walks is a national resource which fosters walkable communities by engaging, educating, and connecting walking advocates. Support America Walks | Learn more >
Loading image rotator (requires Flash)
- Health, Transportation and Commerce Case Studies- America Walks Releases Case Studies on Healthy Communities
- Local Elected Officials Lead on Walkability- America Walks Launch New Case Studies
- New York and Vision Zero- America Walks Executive Director Comments on Efforts of New York to Achieve Vision Zero Initiative
- 2014 Survey Report - Local Walking Advocacy Organizations in the US
Upcoming Discussion Forums and Webinars
- Watch the recording of our most-recent webinar: The State of Advocacy Organizations in the US: The Scale and Scope of the Walking Movement
- Sign up on our mailing list to be notified of our FREE webinars and discussion forums!
- See our list of topics of previous webinars and forums.
- Find recordings of all of America Walks Webinar and Discussion Forums in our Archives
- December 16, 2014New Surgeon General ConfirmedThe US Senate voted to confirm President Obama's nomination for Surgeon General, Dr. Vivek Murthy. Read more >
- December 15, 2014Walkability: The Intersection of Health and TransportationAmerica Walks is interested in your insights into collaboration between State Health and Transportation Departments.Read more >
- December 13, 2014Implications from New Spending BillThe $1.01 trillion spending bill passed earlier this week by the House and the Senate has several implications for transportation. Read more >
- December 11, 2014Poll Reveals Broad Support for Federal Investment in Walking and BikingA new poll released shows 74% of likely voters favor increasing or maintaining current levels of federal investment in walking and biking.Read more >
- December 8, 2014America Walks Releases Case Studies on Healthy Communities America Walks is excited to release our new cases studies that highlight how a number of states have been working successfully at the intersection of public health, transportation and commerce, specifically in ways that support walking for all ages and abilities and that foster walkable environments. Read more >