WelcomeAmerica Walks is a national resource which fosters walkable communities by engaging, educating, and connecting walking advocates. Support America Walks | Learn more >
Loading image rotator (requires Flash)
- Call for proposals for the 2013 National Walking Summit is now open until June 10. We are excited to be a co-host of the 2013 National Walking Summit in Washington DC, Oct. 1–3. You are encouraged to submit a proposal!
- Join us for the next free webinar, Model Pedestrian Safety Programs, Thursday, June 6th.
- If you are in Sturgeon Bay WI, see our upcoming Walking Action Network Workshop schedule and participate.
- America Walks Webinar and Discussion Forum Archives
- Launched: Walksteps.org, an online interactive resource for citizens, planners, and engineers. It's the new online home for Steps to a Walkable Community: A Guide for Citizens, Planners, and Engineers.
- May 18, 2013Call for Proposals: 2013 National Walking SummitWe are excited to be a co-host of the 2013 National Walking Summit in Washington DC, Oct. 1-3. The Summit Program Committee is seeking to highlight innovative examples, point people towards real resources, and create engaging dialogues so that participants from a wide variety of disciplines will be empowered to improve the walkability of and increase walking in communities. Find out more here and submit a proposal.
- May 7, 2013Walk and Roll with the Surgeon General on May 15Join Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, and Kathy Greenlee, Administrator of the Administration for Community Living and Assistant Secretary for Aging, for a one mile Walk and Roll around Capitol Hill as part of the Surgeon General’s Every Body Walk! Initiative. Read more >
- April 29, 2013Our Recent Comments to the US DOT See America Walks Comments to FHWA 4.29.13 on the joint Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) on Environmental Impact and Related Procedures published February 28, 2013.
- April 25, 2013Want to Make Austin TX More Walkable?Do you live in the Austin TX area and want to get more people using active transportation and carpooling as well as get reconnected with the environment and community through walking? Attend this two-part free event on May 2/3. Find out how to register and get involved.
- April 16, 2013Sign On - letter to the US Surgeon General on Proposed Call to Action on WalkingFollow this link to read the letter and learn how to sign on to this letter.