The Community Change Grants program supports the growing network of advocates, organizations, and agencies working to advance walkability. Grants are awarded to innovative, engaging, and inclusive programs and projects that create change and opportunity for walking and movement at the community level.
America Walks and generous Active People, Health Nations partners are excited to announce another round of our popular Community Change Grant program. This program will award 15 grantees $1,500.00 in community grants for projects related to creating healthy, active, and engaged places to live, work and play.
America Walks has seen firsthand that the passion, innovation, and hard work of advocates and local organizations to advance safe, equitable, accessible, and enjoyable places to walk and move are what create the foundation for walkable communities across the US. This grant program will work to provide support to the growing network of advocates, organizations, and agencies using innovative, engaging, and inclusive programs and projects to create change at the community level.
Applications are open through October 9th, 2023!
2022 Community Change Grant Recipients
Stories and Examples of Past Community Change Grant Recipients:
- Working Across Sectors to Make Maine More Active
- How one library leveraged a story walk and community engagement into a street redesigned for safety
- We Belong Here: The Takoma Park Equity Walk
- Community Change Agents Walk On
- Creating and Installing our Community-Engaged University of Massachusetts Boston Harborwalk Grace Trail
- Grassroots Community Change Projects Enhance Walkability Step by Step
The Community Change Grant program is partly funded by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. We invite you to join their Active People, Healthy Nation initiative and become part of a national movement of individual influencers, organizations, and community champions that support the goal of increasing physical activity in the United States.