Paths to Walkable Communities Webinar
The release of the Surgeon General’s Call to Action on Walking & Walkable Communities in September 2015 was a watershed moment for the walking movement. Its release provided leadership and motivation for governments, businesses and organizations to address the numerous barriers to safe, active mobility and promoted the multiple health benefits of walking. This webinar looks at local organizations and governments who are taking action to Step It Up! in creating walkable communities.
We hear from two recipients of the Every Body Walk! Micro Grants followed by a city with one of the top Complete Streets policies in the US. There is also a question and answer session to learn how participants might make their own communities great places to walk.
Presentations & Additional Resources
- Walk Worthington Presentation
- Kanawha Coalition for Community Health Improvement Presentation
- Ogdensburg Presentation
- Summer Steps Challenge (West Virginia)
- Healthy Body, Healthy Spirits (West Virginia)
- Try This West Virginia: Building Blocks for Healthy Communities