Surgeon General Releases Call to Action
America Walks is excited to announce that US Surgeon General, Dr. Vivek Murthy, launched Step it Up!, the Call to Action on Walking and Walkable Communities on September 9th, 2015 in Washington, DC. The release calls on Americans to make walking a part of their daily activity and to take steps to make every community in America a great place to walk.
America Walks is committed to helping local advocates and organizations with the hard work they are performing to make America’s neighborhoods more walkable. The Call to Action is the opportunity to put feet on the ground to continue to grow the walking movement.
Get the Latest on the Call to Action
- Check out the great resources put together by the Office of the Surgeon General as part of the release
- Read letters of support from the Every Body Walk! Collaborative and local organizations. Want to sign-on? Contact Us at email@example.com
- Register for the September 15th webinar to receive a briefing on the Call to Action and what it can mean for your organization
Make Your Community a Great Place to Walk
- Apply for an Every Body Walk! Micro Grant to start a project that will make your community more walkable
Join the Conversation
- Get active on social media using #StepItUp
- Sign up for the America Walks mailing list to get the latest updates and information on exciting events