Fuel for Active Bodies: Increasing Access to Healthy Foods (May 8, 2019 Webinar)
According to a report by the USDA, approximately 23.5 million people in the US live in food deserts, areas where people live more than a mile from a market or store that sells fresh produce, whole grains, and other foods essential to a balanced diet. Learn more about the issue and how communities are working to increase access, via walking and active transportation, to healthy food in their own backyards.
- Safe Routes Partnership and The Food Trust Presentation
- Safe Routes to Healthy Food: A Primer
- Safe Routes to Healthy Food: Strategies for Local Governments
- Mind the Gap: Using Public Transportation to Connect Neighborhoods and Grocery Stores
- The Wheels on the Bus Go to the Grocery Store
- Safe Routes to Healthy Food: Recommendations for Regional Planning Organizations