Walking Towards Justice Episode 4: Related Reading and Resources
The panel for the fourth episode of Walking Towards Justice has put together a list of recommended reading and resources to continue the exploration of partnership between the walking movement and people with disabilities. We will add to this list as we receive new materials.
- The Power of 504 (full version, open caption, English and Spanish): Award-winning 18-minute documentary video, which captures the drama and emotions of the historic civil rights demonstration of people with disabilities in 1977, resulting in the signing of the 504 Regulations, the first Federal Civil Rights Law protecting people with disabilities. Includes contemporary news footage and news interviews with participants and demonstation leaders. Available in open caption, audio descriptive and standard formats.
- TEDx series TED Speaker: Judith Heumann
- “The Curb Cut Effect” by Angela Glover Blackwell
- “Drunk History’: Disabled Actors Satirize Social Justice (please note: this episode contains explicit language)
- The Untokening 1.0 – Principles of Mobility Justice 11/11/17 From the Untokening Collective