THE COMMUNITY CHANGE GRANT APPLICATION FOR 2020 IS NOW CLOSED
Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Community Change Grants. We were excited to see such an overwhelming response to the announcement and received over 560 applications with many inspiring projects. We have made our final selections and will publish the new grantees in January 2021. We notified all other applicants via the email provided on December 30, 2020; however, it seems many of the emails have gone to spam or junk folders.
Although your project may not have been funded at this time, we do plan to grow the program and are exploring additional funding sources. Please be sure to stay on our mailing list to receive notices of this grant program as well as others we might have throughout the year.
In the meantime, we hope you will continue to be engaged with America Walks by:
- Sign up for our newsletter to explore our many resources to make walkable communities where everyone has safe, enjoyable and accessible places to walk and be physically active.
- We invite you to consider applying for our 2021 Walking College Fellowship. Applications will be open throughout the month of February. The six-month, distance-learning leadership program is open to anyone looking to hone their skills and knowledge around improving walkability by making changes to the built and policy environments to foster greater livability and access. In this sixth year of the program, we are seeking Walking College fellows who see opportunities for making their communities healthier and safer, and also more just, vibrant and sustainable.
- The Community Change Grant program is partly funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. If you haven’t already done so, we invite you to join Active People, Healthy Nation and become part of a national movement of individual influencers, organizations, and community champions that support the goal of increasing physical activity in the United States. By joining this national network, you gain access to the latest information, and gain more opportunities to showcase the great work you are doing. Best of all, by joining Active People, Healthy Nation, you become part of the national movement to help increase physical activity, reduce healthcare costs, build walkable neighborhoods, support local economies, and improve health for individuals, families, and your communities.
Continue reading about past projects by exploring the links below:
- 2020 Community Change Grantees
- 2019 Community Change Grantees
- 2018 Community Change Grantees
- 2017 Community Change Grantees
- 2016 Community Change Grantees
- 2015 Community Change Grantees
- Click here to read our 2018 Community Change Grant Stories!
- Community Change Agents Walk On: Report on the 2017 Grant Recipients
- Community Change Agents in Action: Report on the 2016 Grant Recipients
- A Year of Walking: Report on the 2015 Recipients
More about the Community Change Grants:
America Walks appreciates the never-ending and passionate work being done on a daily basis to create places where all community members have safe, accessible, equitable, and enjoyable places to walk and be physically active.
Advocates and community members are critical to creating opportunities for all members to see the benefits to individual health and wellness, community interaction, economic vitality, and environmental sustainability that come when walking and walkability is supported by local efforts. This grant program works to provide support to the growing network of advocates, organizations, and agencies using innovative, engaging, and inclusive programs and projects to create change at the community level.
Applications typically open in the fall and grants are awarded for the full calendar year following. The number of grants awarded varies each year dependent upon funds available.