America Walks appreciates the never-ending and passionate work being done on a daily basis to create places where all community members have safe, accessible, equitable, and enjoyable places to walk and be physically active. Advocates and community members are critical to creating opportunities for all members to see the benefits to individual health and wellness, community interaction, economic vitality, and environmental sustainability that come when walking and walkability is supported by local efforts. This grant program works to provide support to the growing network of advocates, organizations, and agencies using innovative, engaging, and inclusive programs and projects to create change at the community level.
Applications typically open in the fall and grants are awarded for the full calendar year following. The number of grants awarded varies each year dependent upon funds available.
- 2018 Community Change Grantees
- 2017 Community Change Grantees
- 2016 Community Change Grantees
- 2015 Community Change Grantees
- Community Change Agents Walk On: Report on the 2017 Grant Recipients
- Community Change Agents in Action: Report on the 2016 Grant Recipients
- A Year of Walking: Report on the 2015 Recipients