Looking to build safer streets, better bike lanes, and walkable routes that connect people to where they need and want to go? New federal funding is available for your community to layer on top of existing state and local sources! The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law provides billions of dollars for investments in active transportation infrastructure that promotes regular physical activity, keeps families safer, and connects people to the places they live, work, learn, and play.
Join the partners of the Intersections Initiative (America Walks, the League of American Bicyclists, and Safe Routes Partnership) to learn about new federal programs for walking and biking infrastructure, the upcoming opportunities you need to know about, and the initial steps you can take to prepare your community to apply for funding.
Who should be interested?
- Local community groups and organizations interested in more funding for safe and healthy streets.
- Local government elected and agency officials interested in funding local needs.
- Planners and consultants working with local governments and community groups on community development and safer streets.
Webinar participants should leave the webinar with increased understanding of the following:
- An overview of funding opportunities, including funding for planning
- Key steps to start planning and defining potential fundable projects
- How to scaffold the work over longer time frames
- Insights from panelists about what makes for a successful application
- How these processes can help your community compete for state and regional funding in addition to federal sources.
Watch Our Previous Webinar:
Like all of our webinars, this will be recorded and available after the fact. But you’ll want to join us in real-time if you can for the opportunity to ask questions of our guests and live-tweet along with us. You’ll also receive ample resources and additional materials if you RSVP.