Join America Walks and Disability Mobility Initiative to talk about how Week Without Driving has gone national. For nearly a quarter of people across our country, they do not have access to a car or cannot drive, therefore, they rely on other transportation options. But what happens when the transportation options in their community are limited or disconnected, what do they do to get around? Hundreds of individuals and elected officials across the United States have signed on to this challenge to understand firsthand the experiences of nondrivers. Join us for a dynamic conversation with Anna Zivarts, Director of Disability Mobility Initiative, and a panel of leaders about how we can start organizing locally and nationally to close the transportation gaps across our communities.
- Anna Zivarts, Disability Mobility Initiative, Panel Moderator
- Tenille Warren, Metro Transit Minneapolis
- Adrienne Razavi, Denver Streets Partnership
- Learn about the National Week Without Driving Coalition
- Lessons from Disability Mobility Initiative’s Week Without Driving movement in Washington since 2021
- Learn about how elected leaders across the country are taking on this challenge
- Learn about who is coalition building and organizing with this campaign across the country
Like all of our webinars, this will be recorded and available after the fact. But you’ll want to join us in real-time if you can for the opportunity to ask questions of our guests and live-tweet along with us. You’ll also receive ample resources and additional materials if you RSVP.