Younger generations are no longer choosing to only use a car when getting from A to B. As younger generations create a new transportation culture, how do we adapt to ensure that we create a transportation system that meets their needs? We need youth voices in order to shape the new transportation system. We must learn what community engagement, placemaking, urban design, and walkability look like through the lens of future leaders by ensuring they are at the decision making table.
Join America Walks and NOYS for an engaging conversation about the innovative solutions that young leaders are bringing to the forefront, how they are challenging the status quo of who has power and authority to frame the narrative of our transportation system, and discover the power of youth leadership. You will hear what NOYS has been doing to transform the transportation landscape for youth, gain insights about how youth are championing the active transportation field, and familiarize yourself with youth voices who are working towards a safer, more equitable, more accessible and sustainable transportation system across the U.S.
- Learn about NOYS and how the voices of young people are impacting NOYS today
- Learn about the evolution and changing landscape of youth voices in transportation
- Learn what it means to build an equitable and accessible, inclusive transportation system for young people
- Learn why our field needs to center the voices of young people
- Learn what young people are re-imagining our transportation system and beyond look like
Like all of our webinars, this will be recorded and available after the fact. But you’ll want to join us in real-time if you can for the opportunity to ask questions of our guests and live-tweet along with us. You’ll also receive ample resources and additional materials if you RSVP.